|Click Here for Training Demonstration|
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION REGULATIONS:
SECTION 49 Part 382.603 – Training for Supervisors
TRAINING COURSE NAME & DESCRIPTION
DRUG & ALCOHOL TRAINING for Supervisors
60 Minutes Alcohol & 60 Minutes of Drug Education
Training Available in English or Spanish
The Supervisor Compliance Training Department Course will satisfy the requirements of 49 CFR 382.603
THE ONLINE TRAINING & the LIVE TRAINING covers the exact same material. No difference.
Either the Online Training or the Live training will satisfy the DOT Requirement for the Mandatory Drug & Alcohol Awareness Training
The Online Training is a 2 hour online slide show with audio. After you register you will simply login and begin. You will be able to start and stop the training as you need to in order to fit your schedule.
The Live Training Meeting is held in various locations around the country. It will cover the exact same material that the online training covers except there will be a live trainer on hand. For next meeting date and place please click on Register Now.
What supervisors need to know is what to look for and what to do if someone seems unfit for duty. Supervisors will know not only how and when to do reasonable suspicion testing but why they need to do it.
To provide training and support for the supervisor who may have to make a reasonable suspicion determination the training will cover the following issues:
- The Effects of Alcohol and Drugs in the Workplace
- The Role of the Supervisor in a DOT Testing Program
- Signs, Symptoms, and Behavioral Indicators of the DOT 5 Prohibited
- Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
- Prohibited Behavior and Prescription Drug Use
- How to Recognize and Document Performance using the Behavior Observation Checklist
- How to apply the Four Steps of Constructive Confrontation
- How to handle employee defense strategies
What to do when:
- An employee refuses to be tested
- A supervisor receives hearsay information
- An employee discovers a suspicious substance
- An employee who leaves the worksite without authorization after being unfit for duty
AND MUCH MUCH MORE!
At the end of the training a
Certificate of Completion will be issued